Solar Comfort energy savings that will last a lifetime
Solar Comfort is designed to simply and economically manage the heat of summer and the cold of winter, while maintaining your comfort. The Solar Comfort™ system uses low-e (emissivity) glass to reduce radiative heat transfer. Low-E Coating consists of a microscopically thin, virtually invisible, metal or metal oxide layer deposited on the glass. It also includes high quality seals stopping heat from leaking between the low-e glass and aluminium frame. Together they increase the ability of the Solar Comfort™ system to insulate. This keeps heat inside during winter – and out during summer
Our Solar Comfort™ provides superior climate control at a cost effective price. It provides many benefits when compared to ordinary single glazed clear glass including improved energy efficiency, lower energy costs and improved occupant comfort. Other features include greater reduction in noise when combined with either standard Laminate glass or Sound Smart Acoustic Laminate glass.
- Reduce heat loss by up to 40% when compared to ordinary clear windows and doors
- Reduce heat gain by up to 50% when compared to ordinary clear windows and doors
To view energy ratings for our windows and doors click on the links below.
They are specific ratings of glass and frame combinations that have been independently simulated and then passed through an audit process by WERS for independent companies.
- High performance glazing seals in order to stop heat from leaking between the low-e glass and aluminium frame
- Low-E Coating consists of a microscopically thin, virtually invisible, metal or metal oxide layer deposited on the glass
- Helps reduce summer heat gain and winter heat loss through improvements in U-Values and SHGC when compared to ordinary non coated glass
- Reduces heating and cooling energy costs
- Reduces ultra-violet substantially
- Improves occupany comfort, reduces condensation build up within Double Glazing units
- Coating is visually low reflecting in appearance