FlameShield will protect your home against nature’s extreme conditions
If you are constructing in a bushfire-prone area, you are required by new building codes to use bushfire rated building materials for construction. In today’s climate where summer conditions are turning extreme, bushfires are becoming a regular occurrence around Australia. To help you meet these requirements, C-View Window’s offers FlameShield, a range of bushfire rated window and door products that protects you from natures extreme conditions.
The Australian Standards for building in bushfire-prone areas AS3959:2009, aims to reduce the risk of loss of life and property in areas with a higher risk of bushfire. According to AS3959:2009, if you build or renovate a home in a bushfire-prone area, it must meet specific bushfire ratings regarding for the windows and doors.
- Fire rated glazing seals with flammability index no greater than 5 tested as per AS1530.2
- A minimum of 5mm Toughened Glass is used in all FlameShield windows and doors
- Fire rated weather baffles with flammability index no greater than 5 tested as per AS1530.2
- Fire rated screens (aluminium mesh flyscreens, stainless steel mesh flyscreens or Invisi-gard)
- The FlameShield window and door system complies to AS3959 standards
|Bushfire Attack Level (BAL)||Level of Exposure||FlameSheildTM|
|BAL 12.5||Ember Attack||COMPLIES|
|BAL 19||Increasing levels of ember attack and burning debris ignited by windbourne embers together with increasing heat flux between 12.5 to 19 kw m2||COMPLIES|
|BAL 29||Increasing levels of ember attack and burning debris ignited by windbourne embers together with increasing heat flux between 19 to 29 kw m2||COMPLIES|
|BAL 40||Increasing levels of ember attack and burning debris ignited by windbourne embers together with increasing heat flux between 29 to 40 kw m2 and with the increased likelihood of exposure to flames||COMPLIES|